Some of our monthly resources are available in ebook. Below are instructions on how to download an ebook from Truth For Life on to your device.
Downloading an ebook to apps (Kindle, Nook or iBooks app) on an iPhone or iPad
- Before downloading any of the ebook options, download the app ‘iZip’ to your iPad or iPhone. This is an app that will unzip zip folders so that your device will be able to open them. You can find it in the app store for free. (You can ignore the $4.99 version of the app)
- Once ‘iZip’ is downloaded, click on the link provided in your confirmation email to download the ebook. This link must be opened in Safari. It won't work on some of the other browsers. Once on website, click the green button that says "ALL FILES..."
- A zip folder will start to download with the ebook files. iOS devices will show a blank screen after you click on the link. While it looks like nothing is happening, the files are downloading in the background. It will take a few minutes to download the files depending on your internet connection and how large the zip folder is. While the files are downloading, make sure that you don't let your device go to the lock screen which will stop the files from downloading. If this happens, you will need to click on the link to download the zip folder again.
- Once the files are downloaded, a notice will appear in the browser asking which app you would like to use to open the files. Click on the link that says “Open in ‘iZip’”
- ‘iZip’ will open and download the zip folder. You will then be asked “Would you like to extract all files?” Click Ok.
- A list of the files in the zip folder will appear. Click on the file type that corresponds with the app you would like to download the ebook.
- Nook or iBook App - Select Epub
- Kindle App - Select Mobi
- After the file type is selected, click on the “Open In” option at the bottom of the screen and select the app you would like to transfer the book to.
- The file will transfer to the app you selected and you can begin to read the ebook.
Download Ebook to a Kindle Device
Download the .mobi file onto your computer. Once the file is downloaded you can proceed one of two ways:
- You can attach the download to an email and email it to your Kindle device with your Kindle email. Find out more information about setting up and using your Kindle email address here.
- You can connect your Kindle device to your computer with a USB cable. You can then drag and drop the downloaded file to your Kindle. Find specific steps about this on Amazon.com
A Nook Device
- Plug your Nook into your computer with a USB cable.
- Download the .epub file to your computer.
- The downloaded file should open automatically into the Adobe Digital Edition Software. (For more information about the Adobe Digital Edition Software and Nooks please visit Barnes and Noble Help Center.)
- In the Library section of the Adobe Digital Software, your Nook should appear under Devices.
- Click on the ebook and then drag it over to your device in the software.
- Once the transfer is complete, you should be able to disconnect your device and start reading.
If you have problems downloading your ebook from Truth For Life to your smartphone or tablet, please feel free to contact us.
Topics: Ministry Updates