Some of our monthly resources are available in ebook. Below are instructions on how to download an ebook from Truth For Life on to your device.
Downloading an ebook to apps (Kindle, Nook or iBooks app) on an iPhone or iPad
- Click on the link provided in your confirmation email to download the ebook. This link must be opened in Safari. It won't work on some of the other browsers. Once on website, click the green button that says "ALL FILES..."
- A notice will appear asking if you want to download the file. Click "Download."
- The file will download, and you can see its progress in the upper righthand corner with the icon that is a circle with an arrow pointing down.
- Once the download is complete, click on the circle icon. Your downloads will appear. Click on the one you want to open.
- Your Files app will open and show the zip file. Click on the zip file to unzip it. Another folder will appear. Click on it and you will see the different files for the ebook.
- Selecting iBook - Select the Epub link and it will be downloaded to your iBooks app.
- Selecting Nook - Click on the "Select" link in the upper righthand corner of the screen. Select the Epub file. Then click on the icon that is a square with an arrow pointing up in the lower lefthand corner. A list of choices will appear. Select the Nook app to send the file. If you don't see it, click on the More option.
- Selecting Kindle App - Click on the Select link in the upper righthand corner of the screen. Select the Mobi file. Then click on the icon that is a square with an arrow pointing up in the lower lefthand corner. A list of choices will appear. Select the Kindle app to send the file. If you don't see it, click on the More option. The app may ask you to enter name of the author before importing. Type in the author's name in the field provided and click send.
- Enjoy your ebook!
Download Ebook to a Kindle Device
Download the .mobi file onto your computer. Once the file is downloaded you can proceed one of two ways:
- You can attach the download to an email and email it to your Kindle device with your Kindle email. Find out more information about setting up and using your Kindle email address here.
- You can connect your Kindle device to your computer with a USB cable. You can then drag and drop the downloaded file to your Kindle. Find specific steps about this on Amazon.com
A Nook Device
- Plug your Nook into your computer with a USB cable.
- Download the .epub file to your computer.
- The downloaded file should open automatically into the Adobe Digital Edition Software. (For more information about the Adobe Digital Edition Software and Nooks please visit Barnes and Noble Help Center.)
- In the Library section of the Adobe Digital Software, your Nook should appear under Devices.
- Click on the ebook and then drag it over to your device in the software.
- Once the transfer is complete, you should be able to disconnect your device and start reading.
If you have problems downloading your ebook from Truth For Life to your smartphone or tablet, please feel free to contact us.
Topics: Ministry Updates